It’s been said already but it never gets old. To successfully start and operate a cleaning business, you must dramatically increase your skills in a wide array of matters. Starting from your cleaning skills, your sales and your management skills. You must learn how to present yourself and your business professionally, to build authority and trust. Investing in your training is necessary, no matter how you choose to look at it.
This last part of our guide is meant to help you find the best resources for you and your cleaning business. We keep this guide updated as we scout the net for new, high quality training courses, manuals, software and generally everything that helps cleaning business owners improve their productivity. You’ll also find cleaning business supplies along with detailed information on each product and how you can put it to use.
So make sure you bookmark this page and check once or twice a month. Note that all links open in a new window so you can keep browsing our guide for more resources.
1. Ultimate Cleaning Business Package
This is by far the most advanced Cleaning Business Training and Resources Program found online today. It’s a complete business-in-a-box solution containing all the information and tools necessary to start a successful cleaning business. UCBP comes in eight different components, each dedicated to vital aspects of starting and running a cleaning business.
Why we gave it a 5 STAR rating
Mainly because it’s extremely detailed in every aspect and it’s simple to follow in a step by step manner. It’s first module alone (out of eight), explaining how to start your cleaning business not only does it thoroughly teach that but it expands into correctly pricing each type of service you offer, designing a lead generating website for your business, what contracts you need signed before you pick up a mop, finding the best cleaning resources, setting up a referral system to boost the growth of your business , how to advertise to targeted clients and sign more contracts. All in extreme detail.
On top of these, the Ultimate Cleaning Business Pack contains the following:
- Bidding and Pricing Software to easily calculate how much a job will cost and how much you should charge for it. The software also takes care of printing professional looking proposals to be delivered to your clients.
- Cleaning Business Contract Agreements. Among others, it includes commercial cleaning agreements, sub-contractor agreements, sales representative agreements, cleaning specialist agreements, letter of releases, non-circumvention agreements, waiver & release of liability agreements, referral letters, press releases. These contract agreements will help protect your business from lawsuits and other dangers down the road while helping you to professionally present your business in every aspect.
- Cleaning Invoices Templates. To name a few, this component includes invoices, purchase orders, business plans, marketing plans and price quotes.
- Ten Audio Tutorials teaching how to optimize a cleaning business for maximum growth and profit.
- Sales Letters and Forms to help you run your business and protect it legally.
- Collection of Premium Logos that are easy to customize to your own business name.
- 6000 website linking addresses to boost your website authority and S.E.O value.
The Ultimate Cleaning Business Pack costs 167$, just as high as a premium logo design. This is a one time fee and you will never have to pay any recurring fees to use the Bidding & Pricing Software which is great. If you’re unsatisfied with the quality of the course and the goodies it comes with, you may ask for a full refund within two months.
2. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t
If you’re looking to learn more about business management understanding the value and prospect it can bring to your cleaning business (or any business), this is a great book to start mastering the craft.
Good to Great was written by Jim Collins. The book has made it to become a natural bestseller over time and it was first published in 2001. The book aims to describe how average companies transition to great companies and how most companies fail to make that transition. Collins finds the main factor for achieving the transition to be a narrow focusing of the company’s resources on their field of competence.
The book has received nearly a thousand reviews, averaging 4,5 stars out of 5. We rated it with 4 stars due to the fact that we think it could be a little easier to follow. Nevertheless, Good To Great is a great book to have. Click below to learn more about the book and purchase it if you like.
3. Hire with your Head: Using Performance-Based Hiring to Build Great Teams
In Part V of our guide on starting a cleaning business, we talked about the importance of hiring efficient teams to do some or all of the work for you. As your business grows, hiring will become a one-way path. Your employees will be the front end of your business and will greatly affect your business branding and reputation. Hire with your Head is a book by Lou Adler that has helped hundreds of managers and human resources professionals to find the right candidate for each position.
Each employee hired in your cleaning business is a rather large investment. Besides salaries, training them with cost you both time and money. If your employee proves to be NOT what you expected, your precious investment will have been in vain. This makes it critical to hire the perfect candidates to begin with. Using this book, you’ll be able to do just that hopefully.
Hire with your Head has received positive critiques (5 star rating so far) over the years. You can have a look by visiting the link below.
We keep on researching, talking to cleaning business owners and constantly updating our guides to bring you the latest information. Thank you for taking the time to read our guide. We hope it’s been useful for you. We wish you the best with your cleaning business start-up!
Go back to